Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hide Out


Ethan's favorite hiding place is in the triangle formed where the smaller couch angles out from the gate around my computer area to the brick fireplace. He goes back there when he wants privacy for things like, oh, I don't know, trying to open a medicine bottle he somehow filched from the counter, or opening up colored markers he just found, or perhaps even attempting to avoid going to the bathroom for potty-time by taking care of it solo...

Sometimes I'll notice him running back there and that's my cue to take him back for potty-training time, and other times I'll know it's time to check for stray silverware, permanent markers, or other contraband items. He gets suspiciously quiet every time he's hiding, too, which is a big red flag in itself. Still... if he just has to have a hidey-spot, I'm glad it's out in the main room and that he's usually a good sport about getting found back there. Now, if only I had my own hide-out...

2 comments:

  1. What? You can't fit in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, not quite. Sometimes I run to the bathroom and pretend I'm taking a shower or something, though, just to get some "me" time and force Joel to take over for a few minutes. Gotta have some precious moments to myself!

    ReplyDelete