Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gaining Weight-- Finally!

I took Ethan in Monday to get weighed, and he's up to 7 pounds, 12 ounces. Then, at his doctor appointment today, he measured 7 pounds 14 ounces-- with his diaper on, but that pretty much confirms that he's around 7.12 lbs. Yay! Took him a little while, but he's on track, thank god. I'm so glad that he's gaining weight and eating well and just generally healthy. And what a calm baby, too; he's so zen about everything, a very laid-back kid. One more area where he takes after his dad, among the many others; I mean, he has his dad's eyes, eyebrows, chin; his dad's legs and his dad's wavy hair; he is really relaxed and doesn't seem to care much about eating, just like Joel. What is from me? His monkey toes, and the fact that his second toe is a smidgen longer than his big toe, just like me. Oh, and he might also have dimples; we are just starting to see his smiles, so that has yet to be confirmed, but I think I caught a glimpse of a dimple on his right cheek. Speaking of smiles and dimples, I can't wait to hear him laugh... how exciting life has become!

No comments:

Post a Comment