Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Poem: Autumn

Because I can't think of anything else to write at the moment, and because I need some positive energy to flow through me, and in recognition and celebration of the recent change in seasons, and basically "just because"... here you go.


                        Fall
                       leaves,
                    traveling,
                catch my eye
    with the fire of their descent
         and my heart stops for
      a moment- just one moment-
    but it is enough to remind me
                   of the way
                        i, too
                         fell
                          .
                          s
                         l
                          o
                          w
                          l
                         y
                         .
                       yet
                  vibrantly,
                in full color,
              joyously, even,
      leaping full-steam-ahead
   towards the firm, dark earth
                   of you.


© MSE, 30 Nov 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment