Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baydreamer

I long to live nearer the Bay Area. I yearn for it, like it's a piece of me that has been missing and is calling out for my return so that we can finally join together and become whole. I don't know exactly why, either; it's not as if I'm from there, after all. But every time I visit, I feel like I can breathe a little easier and every muscle starts to relax, little by little, until I finally feel as if I've come home again after a long journey. We used to be able to visit at least once a month, but our financial situation lately has kept us pretty close to home and we only get across the Bridge every 3-4 months. Each time we're out there, I come back to the Valley with a heightened sense of urgency about the path our lives are on, and how we can engineer things so that our family can live in the Bay Area somewhere. Someday, somehow... we'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment