Wednesday, November 30, 2011

When it rains...

This Monday, I took a qualifying test for the Stanislaus County Office of Education as part of the process of being considered for a program secretary job. It pays just about the same as I'm making at my current job, but there are a few differences-- first, there are no evening meetings. What a blessing that would be! Second, it is in the Human Resources department, which is where I'd eventually like to end up. It could be a stepping stone type of position for me, and once I'm in I'd be able to apply for in-house vacancies that are not open to the general public. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one...

Then, this afternoon I checked the mail and found a letter from the Housing Authority of Stanislaus County, responding to a job I applied for in-- get this-- December 2010. What the?! Apparently, I made it through the first round of eliminations and have been selected to participate in a pre-qualifying test next Tuesday. Talk about waiting a little while to hear back from someone! I don't even have the copy of the original application that I sent it, because I just went through my old "Jobs Applied For" file and tossed everything older than 2011. Well, I guess this means that I've still got a few options on the board. Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

  1. That's great on both accounts! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete