Friday, June 11, 2010

The Back Yard, Again

Here's another one of my yard projects... the cactus "garden." Do those two words even go together, at all??

CIMG3081 (Medium)


Can you say "child health hazard" three times fast? It's one of Ethan's favorite places to try exploring, which of course means I have an attack of the crazies every time I see him get near it. I want to get a fence around it that has openings too small for Ethan's hands to fit through, and is sturdy enough to stand up to any pushing or shoving that he might do in an attempt to dive headfirst into the cactus area. In my dreams, I'd rip it all out and make it into a fire pit or something, but since this is a rental house I figured that I should probably just make it less accessible to a curious toddler. Though a backard fire pit would be kind of cool...

outdoor-fire-pit


Anyway, dreams are nice because there is always a possibility of one day seeing them come true, but for now you don't have to worry about actually putting them into action. At least our roses are doing well, after Joel's tender ministrations put them back into good health.

CIMG3079 (Medium)


Still have a ton of work to do on the yard, but seeing these little things improve gives me the energy to put my shoulder to the wheel and keep pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment