The water was gorgeous, the weather was neither too hot nor too cool, and we just played around in the morning air, wishing we could stay longer.
And wishing we'd brought Ethan, too. We saw other toddlers there having a blast, and decided that we'd take him to the coast as soon as possible once we got back home. We also brought back some souvenirs for Stefanie, who was babysitting Ethan and loves collecting shells:
The only thing to mar our fun was when I stepped on something-- probably a bee or wasp-- and stung the bejeesus out of my right foot. It burned something fierce, and then when I stumbled away in pain to sit down on a nearby rock, I slid off of it and slammed into a scratchy outcropping, scraping my entire arm into a bruised road rash. Ouch! Lesson learned: wear water shoes at the beach, and look before you sit. Think I'll remember that for next time?