Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bruiser

So I wake up Monday morning with this huge bruise (complete with raised lump) on my left forearm, and have no idea how it happened. All I know is, it wasn't there on Sunday night.

arm_bruise 07-10 (Medium)


How can you forget something that hits you hard enough to leave a raised bruise? On Monday afternoon I had a visit from Cheryl, a dear friend who lives nearby, and she said it was probably just a mommy bruise. You know, one of those bumps or knocks that you notice when it happens, but then one of a hundred other things happens and sweeps you on into the next moment, and the next, and so on until you just forget it happened at all. We're so busy as moms-- and, well, as women in general-- that we tend to spread ourselves pretty thin while trying to get all of our "to do" list done. We bump our knee on the way to changing the baby or emptying the dishwasher or loading the dryer, and do we remember it ten minutes later? Unless there is significant blood loss, probably not. This just tells me that I need a vacation... or a nanny. Heck, as long as we're dreaming, why not both?

No comments:

Post a Comment