Thursday, July 8, 2010

Food: Garlic Bread Pizza

I had some leftovers to get rid of, and decided to throw together a quick lunch with them. It was a lot faster to prepare because I had already pre-chopped some of the ingredients, which is a little trick I learned that makes it much easier to actually use your leftovers. When they stay in the same form they were originally served, you tend to either eat it the exact same way (boring!) or not use them at all. And since I hate to waste food, that doesn't work so well for me.

With the leftover garlic bread loaf, I sliced thin baguettes and removed the garlic butter "pats" from inside. I melted it in the microwave and brushed it onto each thin slice of bread. Then, I topped each slice with shredded cheese, bits of cooked Italian sausage, diced red pepper, diced onion, and sliced olives. Tossed it in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees, and ten minutes later it was perfect. Crispy, not too heavy, and oh-so yummy. Ethan loved it, too! Looks like this concoction will have to go in the recipe folder for future reference. I think it would make a great appetizer, too; they're the perfect size for finger food, and leave no mess at all. And don't they look great?

Garlic Bread Pizza

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture! Sounds yummy too!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete