Monday, September 20, 2010

Burn '10: The Beginning

CIMG3683 (Medium)


Well, we scrimped and saved and sacrificed to get to Burning Man 2010: Metropolis, and then I was horrendously sick for the first several days. Ugh! What a way to start our vacation, our escape from the everyday, our honeymoon, our do-over for last year's disastrous week in the desert... but we made the best of it. I did what I could to combat the illness, and then when it got to be too much I sent Joel out on his own or with our buddy Chaz. If both of us couldn't go out and enjoy the week, at least he was going to have a good time! Poor thing, though; his chivalrous side kept kicking in and sending him back to camp earlier than expected. I was touched; he was worried about me and couldn't fully enjoy himself out there for too long without me. What a sweetheart!

CIMG3731 (Medium)


One thing he did do out there, though, was find a miniature of the Man. We were going to tell everyone that they were cutting costs this year, and could only build this little replica instead of the usual gigantic structure... but you can see the actual Man in the distant background. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment