Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Photo Fix: Dad 1949

Just got inspired by some photo repairs my Aunt Kathy has been working on recently in her photoshop classes... so I'm doing some of my own! Here's one of my dad's childhood photographs that I attempted to clean up and repair.

Original photo; highly weathered, faded, wrinkled, and stained--
Dad_004 copy (Large)


I tried to keep his freckles distinct and retain as much detail as possible--
Dad_003 (Large)


I used the second photo along with about 150 others for a DVD slideshow I made a couple of years ago, celebrating my parents' 35th anniversary. It was pretty awesome; I've got to figure out how to post a link so that others can watch it too. It's the type of thing I'd love to do for a living, if I could only figure out how to make sure people actually pay for the services. This isn't Walgreens or Costco, people, it's an individually crafted work of art! (So say all the independent small business owners out there, right? Oy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment