Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Neglect

Sorry for neglecting the blog so long... when things get dark around here, I tend to pull back from writing. Which is strange, because that also tends to be when I do most of my poetry. Then again, I haven't written any poetry for so long that I can hardly remember the last time I sat down at the keyboard to let my thoughts tumble out.

Today I'm planning to take Ethan to the Library for story hour. He doesn't seem to like sitting still for stories at home, so we'll see how well he does when surrounded by so many kids and books and curious new things around to explore. I really want him to have more interactions with other children; because he's not in daycare, he seems to miss out on all that stuff. I feel badly for him, especially because he doesn't have a sibling yet-- and may never have one. It seems so lonely to grow up without a brother or sister... if he never gets one, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and force myself to go make friends with parents who have kids Ethan's age. It'll probably be better for all of us, anyway. Socializing with others? The horror, the horror!

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you come here for the day....we can swim in the pool...have a nice homemade lunch. Call me!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete