Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blank Check-- Literally.

I got my unemployment check and claim form in the mail today, as usual, and everything looked normal at first-- until I noticed that there was only one week open to record my job search efforts. The other week was marked out, so I read a little closer and the form said that I only have $450 left in my claim. So my next check, which should come in a couple of weeks, will be $450, and that's it. What happened to the extensions that everyone is talking about? What happened to Obama's plan to support those of us who are unemployed in states like California, with such high unemployment rates and no jobs to be found? I'm just a touch scared right now. I'll call on Monday to get more clarification before going into full panic mode, but this may be a very nerve-wracking weekend. Guess it's time to bust out the Chenin Blanc!

No comments:

Post a Comment