Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shut Up. Seriously.

Wow, it sucks to realize that people think you talk too much. Especially when you have a really hard time figuring out how to stop yourself in the future. Do I become one of those people who just sits and nods politely, smiling at all the right moments but not really contributing much more than a "That's nice" or "Oh, really?" to the conversation? Or is it more that my talkativeness is appreciated, but only in strictly measured doses? And should I care enough to change?

Allow me a moment or two to heave a big sigh...

I wish I were more zen about things, instead of so sensitive that I feel like leaving society altogether and joining a convent every time someone criticizes me. When will I finally develop that thick skin I've coveted since my childhood? Hopefully I can learn sooner rather than later to let things flow off my back. Until then, I guess it's time to sit back and take a moment to reflect on how to be at one with stillness, as in this print.

zen-girl


Yeah, I know, good luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment