Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Resolutions: 2010

This year, there will be some major changes in my life, I can feel it. In order to facilitate those changes, I'm going to have to make some definitive efforts to getting my self back on track, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I've made some major decisions about the path I will be taking from here on out. Sure, I might stray a few times, but for the most part I plan on sticking to the plan. The plan is this: To become a calmer, happier, more positive person who is less reactive and more proactive; to continue learning about and encouraging my son's developmental progress; to become more physically fit and be active on a daily and weekly basis; to set aside time every day for spiritual learning and growth; and to work on developing my business so that I can be working with clients and turning a profit within two years (2012). In order to achieve those goals, I'm setting some smaller ones below. You can call them resolutions if you wish; I'm just recording them so that I don't forget where I started!

1) Physical activity: I will go the gym with Ethan a minimum of 3 times a week, for at least one hour. This will give him play time with other kids, and help me get back on track physically. I will also walk with Ethan to the park and play at least twice a week; depending on the weather, we may go to the Mall play area instead. I'm currently at 138 pounds; my goal for weight is 120-125. I'm also currently very stiff and inflexible; my goal for that is to do stretching daily and start up a yoga or pilates class at the gym to increase my flexibility.

2) Business goals: I will create a business plan that includes marketing strategies, contracts, equipment required, and so on-- the plan will be written by March 15th. More on that to follow; I still have to research exactly how to do this. :)

3) Spirituality: I will spend at least fifteen to thirty minutes daily on writing or reading for self-awareness. I will also attend a church service once per month until I find a church that speaks to me personally.

4) Parenting: I will implement some "schedules" around here. Things like routines for bedtime, bathtime, and playtime; routines for feeding/mealtime, and for brushing our teeth. Some traditions for our family would be nice, too; I'll do some more research on this and get back to it.

That's a good enough start for now. OH! One more, important thing: I will write in my blog at least five days per week, even if it's only a paragraph. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment