Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Luck o' the Irish... Food, that is

happystpats

In celebration of St. Patrick's Day, earlier this week I cooked corned beef with cabbage, potatoes, onions and carrots.
cornedbeef
YUM! Joel and I dearly love corned beef, especially with a spicy specialty mustard for dipping; pure heaven! One of our favorite dishes to eat in San Francisco is a corned beef hash at a little diner in the theater district. So delicious, especially after you just danced your hiney off at Ruby Skye for several hours.

I don't make it at home all that often, but when I do, it's always a large brisket or round so that we can have leftovers for days. Corned beef sandwiches with thousand island and sauerkraut, plus Claussen's dill pickles on the side... to die for. I also make a Reuben Soup with the leftovers that is delectable, if I do say so myself. We just had some last night and I can't wait for more!

reuben soup

I got my recipe from allrecipes.com, and then added a few extra secret ingredients to our taste. You know, ultra-secret stuff like celery salt, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. And we also tend to use Havarti or Dill Havarti in place of the Swiss cheese, as I'm not a huge fan. Either way, it's one of my favorite recipes. I love food!

No comments:

Post a Comment