Monday, March 8, 2010

Steampunk

Next weekend, we plan on attending a steampunk event in the Bay Area with my brother-in-law.
nova_albion2010


Steampunk has really caught my eye, and apparently that of many many other people as well. It's a big hit at Burning Man and has a sizable following around the world.
For more on what steampunk actually IS, this author has a great write-up on his blog at The Clockwork Century. I'm pretty excited about attending this event in Emeryville and checking out the folks, stuff, literature, and "culture" up close and personal... I've begun working on our outfits, and think I'm falling slightly in love with this re-imagined Victorian/punk aesthetic. I'll post pics as soon as I get a chance. Here's an idea of what steampunk fashion might look like... if you were a model and had unlimited funds, of course.

steampunkguy

steampunkgirl

The Heliograph has some cool fashion links, and I also found Ketutar's collages on polyvore.com pretty inspirational for getting ideas about men's fashion in the steampunk world.

No comments:

Post a Comment