Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Interview: Out of My Closet, Part 2

I have been called back for a second interview at the Alameda job! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I can do well at this one. The day after I interviewed last week, the director called me and said that they were all very impressed during my interview and wanted to know if I could come back up for a second interview. Of course, I said that would be great, and so we set the date for Wednesday, April 7th. When I got a chance, I told her that I was glad she had called because I wanted to thank her and the rest of the team for such a great experience during my interview; I told her it had been very positive and warm, and that I appreciated the opportunity to meet with so many members of the team that day. She said, "Well, the feeling is mutual. After your interview, the panel was unanimous in saying 'Bring her back!'". How cool is that? It's so nice to get positive strokes every so often.

Anyway, here is what is coming out of my closet for Wednesday's interview. Most of my work-related clothing comes straight from the Kohl's juniors section. Yes, I still shop there, apparently breaking a cardinal rule of the "over-30" set.

The top is a Candies shirt, in pink. As you can see, I just want to keep the color coming; I find gray and black so depressing, and can't see myself dressing for gloomy news. I'll dress for a celebration, instead!:
intvw-shirt2

The pants, also from Kohl's:
intvw-pants

And the shoes, which I love dearly but can't remember where I got them:
intvw-shoes2

In another sign of favor from the heavens, the rain will miraculously clear up by Wednesday, unlike last time-- when it started just before I walked out of my car and across the huge parking lot to the building. Luckily, Joel insists that I carry an umbrella in my car, so it turns out I didn't make the kind of first impression that gets sent in to America's Funniest Videos.

PS-- The Interview is TODAY, at 1:00 p.m. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!! (Say a prayer, light a candle, meditate, whatever; just send out your positive vibes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment