Thursday, February 18, 2010

Edible Delights

This is what I got Joel for our anniversary...
edible_02-10

An Edible Arrangements fruit bouquet. YUM! The white items in the front are actually white and milk chocolate dipped bananas. My favorite part of the bouquet, of course.

For lunch, I picked up some tasty chicken salad with grapes and slivered almonds from Raley's, spread it in a multi-grain wrap, and served it with our favorite Claussen's dill pickles. What a great meal... simple, but oh-so-good. And I found a red wine we adore at Raley's, as well: Michael David Petite Petit, which is a blend of Petite Sirah and Petit Verdot. A few years ago it was my introduction to red wine, and it didn't disappoint. In fact, it converted me! It tastes like plum, berries, and luscious goodness, and it's not just me. The Petite Petit gets a very good rating from a lot of people, like Ken's Wine Guide and many more. I love it, especially when it's going for only $12 a bottle (it's normally $20). Can't wait to pour it!

No comments:

Post a Comment