Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Recovery

Let me re-cap the past few days since surgery...

1. Ouch. And I do mean that. O.U.C.H.

2. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn.

3. Why is that weird guy pouring bagfuls of almonds on my chest while riding a pony around the room, and who's chanting? Or, wait, was it meds time recently??

4. I miss my baby.

5. Owie.

6. I can't believe how lucky I am to be blessed with such a caring, wonderful, amazing, stand-up guy. Joel has been a rock for the past several days, doing everything to take care of Ethan and still finding time to come check on me and make sure I haven't dissolved into a puddle of melted pain-pills and saltines. At one point, he even rigged up a laptop so that I could watch Dexter on Netflix. What more could a girl ask?

7. Did I mention the soreness, achiness, pain, twinges, and generally yucky feeling?

8. Joel set up the gate by my door so that I can at least see Ethan's head peek over and smile at me every so often. Usually, though, I have it closed; it's just easier on both of us not to have to see what we can't touch.

9. Hunger is strange; I think I feel it, but actually eating makes me feel a little worse. Stick with soup and crackers for now. Great, now I'm craving those puffed cheese things from Trader Joe's... dangit!

10. As things get better, I can see what a wonderful hubby I have to have been so supportive and to take such excellent care of Ethan while I'm out of commission. And my kick butt friends and family, too! Thanks to all for your support and love while I recover. Let's hope things relax down from their current heights to more manageable proportions. Either that, or momma just found a new career! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment