Friday, February 19, 2010

Temper Tantrum Time

So, this week Ethan started with the temper tantrums. I mean, full on tantrums, with everything you could ask for: throwing his body down onto the floor, kicking his feet into the air, flailing his arms about, and yelling at the top of his lungs. It's actually kind of hilarious, because you can tell he's just doing it to be dramatic, and at this stage of his life it's more cute than aggravating. I have to look away and try to keep from laughing while he's doing it, because I don't want him to start thinking this is a great way to keep Mommy entertained. (Even though it is.)


The funniest thing about all of it is that while he's throwing his grand tantrum, he isn't *really* crying; he's more like yodeling out these dramatic yells, and thumping his body along the ground. One time, I told him, "I know, it's frustrating when you can't get the toy box open," and then accidentally chuckled-- and he started laughing in the middle of his fit! It cracked me up. Sometimes I can also tell he is sort of practicing; he'll flail his arms and legs (and torso, weird), and then look down as if he's checking out his own body parts to see what the heck they're doing. What I want to know is, where is he getting this from?? It can't be from daycare (he doesn't attend) or TV (we watch very limited amounts of shows, none have tantrums featured) or siblings/friends, so where is he learning this? Hmm; must be in his genes. Gee, I don't know *who* he could be inheriting that from...

(Sheesh, is this Grandparents' Revenge, or what?)

No comments:

Post a Comment